Listening to, and working with, parents, carers and young people
Lancashire SENDIAS steering group
Lancashire SENDIAS has a reference group made up of parents, carers and professionals from schools, inclusion and early years. The group’s role is to guide the growth and development of the service. They meet three times a year to talk about a wide range of issues including:
- the parent’s perspective on key issues
- evaluating what we do and how we do it
- how we work with other SEND services
- responding to pressure on SEND services
As part of our minimum standards we have a remit to deliver training to parents and professionals about SEND issues and support.
Influencing policy and practice
We work with national and local organisations and teams to influence policy and change or improve practice.
This is a sample of some of our strategic work:
- Lancashire reports its key statistics, including increases in the number of exclusion cases supported, to Head of Inclusion and Senior Management Team.
- We contribute to SEND Improvement Partnership.