- The role of SEND Information, Advice and Support (SEND IAS) is to provide service users with impartial, neutral and accurate information to assist them to make informed choices
- At first point of contact with service users, we will provide information which clearly sets out the role of SEND IAS
- Leaflets and publicity materials are reviewed annually to ensure that they are neutral, accurate and up to date.
- The service has its own budget with offices situated throughout Lancashire, located at 'arms length' from the Inclusion Service (previously the Special Educational Needs and Disability Service) and decision makers.
- SEND IAS does not act as an advocate for service users but provides information to them about their rights of appeal, when and how to appeal and to whom to complain to
The policy will be reviewed annually and amended if necessary.